Sarah’s philosophy about childbirth
Childbirth is a sacred experience that brings a husband and wife together with God to bring new life to earth. It should be an experience that ennobles and empowers the mother to rise up to the challenges encountered in the fourth trimester. She will feel like she can accomplish more and can take care of herself and her newborn because her birth left her feeling like she can do anything.
Childbirth itself should be experienced with little to no interventions, except in the occasion of emergency and/or decided on by the mother. Mothers should spend time during pregnancy preparing and educating themselves so they can advocate for themselves, and in the instances where they can’t, their partner must step in and advocate for them, knowing what the mother would want.
Mothers should be at the top of the hierarchical chain in the birthing room. They hold the power and should be the one that everyone turns to regarding decisions being made. She should play an active role in the birth and not be a passive participant.
What will it be like to have Sarah as your doula?
You will have:
• A CAPPA-trained doula who will guide you and your partner through the birthing process
• Someone who will be accepting and kind toward differing beliefs and backgrounds
• A photographer to capture beautiful birth images when she’s not busy giving counter pressure or getting water
• Someone available through text or phone call to share exciting news, concerns, or questions
• Someone with an unfettered enthusiasm for all things birth!
In addition, clients will receive:
• A coupon for $35 off a prenatal massage from Utah Pregnancy Massage Care
• Access to reading material from her personal library
• Use of her birthing ball
Every new client gets a complimentary welcome package! A $500 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking with payment in full expected by 37 weeks.
Gold package $2,500:
• 2-3 prenatal visits (as needed)
• 1-2 postpartum visits (as needed)
• Birth support (on call from 37/38 weeks until birth)
~ Plus these extras ~
• A nesting party or mother’s shower with emphasis on care to the mother to be
• A beautiful birthing gown from Latched Mama
• A postpartum gift basket with nourishing food and supplies
• Birth photos (between 10 and 15 professionally edited images)
• A full maternity OR Fresh 48/Newborn session
Silver package $1500
Birth support with birth photos professionally edited
1-2 Prenatal visit (birth plan session – in person)
1 Postpartum visit
A mini Maternity or Fresh 48 session
Bronze Package $1100:
Birth support only (with a few photos thrown in)
1 Prenatal visit
A La Carte:
$50 – Henna art from Dani Reed at Mind Over Maternity
Starting at $20 – Digital Birth announcement by Julia Cospter at C Julia Design
$200 – Baby shower or nesting party planning by Sarah
$250 – Mini Photo Sessions (maternity, fresh 48, coming home, family, newborn up to 10 images edited with ability to purchase more)
$25/hour Postpartum Services (includes making meals, running simple errands, light housework, help with baby/breastfeeding, etc.)
$25/hour sibling doula services